Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Major Milestone



It's over. My baby is officially no longer a baby now and I *think* I have mentally accepted it. Well, somewhat mentally accepted it. The end of the first year of life is certainly a great opportunity to mark time and take stock of everything. So to say that my head has been "in the clouds" is an understatement. Regardless, I had this BIG party planned and I needed to stay on task...


Liam's birthday itself (the 10th) passed relatively uneventfully, as it poured rain and we stayed inside. Our plans to visit the children's museum were cancelled b/c of a case of the sniffles. I passed the day looking at the clock and with each hour thinking about what I was doing at that time last year (I'll spare you the details!). Daddy came home with a bottle of wine (for us) and a banana cream pie (for Liam) to celebrate. He loved it!! Oh, the sounds that boy made.

Fast forward to Sunday- party day! Thankfully the weather cooperated beautifully, because there wasn't any way that 50 people (including 20 active rugrats) were going to fit in this house! Unfortunately, we had a few last minute cancellations due to illness- including Grandpa! Oh, so SAD! That was the only downside to the wonderful day.




Not the first soccer lesson from daddy


Nice face, daddy!

Baseball lessons from Dan, as Josie eavesdrops

We celebrated Amy's birthday, too!


Preparing to eat his first cupcake ever, hats not required



I'm thinking: "Oh dear, there's icing simply everywhere..."




Jack, Sheila, Maura and Amy facilitate some good old fashioned fun




He loves it!
Here's a video of Liam's reaction to his new rocking horse:

And a video of the Birthday Song and Eating of the First Cupcake:



1 comment:

  1. Looks like I missed a wonderful time! Have been waiting for this report - what a perfect time.
    Happy Birthday, Liam!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete