We were invited to attend the Audubon Society's Raptor Weekend with our friends April and Josie (you'll remember them from previous outings), an event I've consistently and regrettably missed in years past. It was fabulous! We also ran into other moms/babies from our winter music class, so it was quite a mini show of cuteness within the display of the awesome power of the hawks and owls. Liam's favorite by far was the big, black African raven- he screamed so much while watching that bird that I'm pretty sure I got a few dirty looks from the crowd. But I didn't care, as long as the birds didn't mind it (which they didn't!). The only bad part of the afternoon was my near-attack from a giant earthworm in the grass. Lucky for you, there are no pictures of this potentially horrific catastrophe.
| Great Horned Owl |
| Pulling grass is THE BEST!!!! |
| Before the worm was spotted, yet it was certainly lurking nearby |
| Barred Owl |
| African Raven |
| African Hawk |
| Harris' Hawk |

Great pics, but I do want to see the one with the worm!
ReplyDelete